Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Biography:

My name is Karen Chatelain, I was born in Burkina Faso West Africa, I was adopted when I was 5 months old, and I moved to the United States with my family when I was eight years old. I started school at UNC Charlotte in fall 2007, I am now a senior at UNCC. My major is Communication- mass media with a minor in Africana studies. Certain trials and tribulations have contributed to the views that I have today, but through it all I have always noted the fact of how blessed I am. Therefore I have always kept in mind that I want to help others. My passion has always been art, drawing, crafting, painting, and sewing, and being fortunate enough to be allotted a college education, I realize that I want to use my passion to help others. I therefore, about a year ago started a clothing line called Burkinabe Couture. The line consists of hand drawn designs that use words and designs to bring forth a positive message. Words are so powerful, why not use them to make a difference and uplift people. I also do graphic design for Organizations and individuals around the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment